LOLLIPOP KIDS: AGES 5 - 7
Fall 2020 Programs
Classes meet September 26 – December 12
- In Person Classes: In order to comply with NYS COVID regulations, we are running our in person programs with casts of a maximum of 12 students and 3 staff members. Each performer will be able to maintain a minimum of 6 feet of social distance from each other in marked spots. We have specifically chosen a musical that is written for a small cast so each performer will be busy with featured song, lines and dance. There will be an end of semester presentation filmed during the final class and presented to family and friends online.
- Students will all remain in the same rehearsal room throughout the 2 hour rehearsal period.
- All performers are required to bring a mask and wear it for the entire rehearsal. The mask must cover both nose and mouth.
- One restroom will be assigned to each cast, to lessen the risk of cross-contamination.
- We will alter the script in order to limit any close, physical contact that students would otherwise have had when on stage. These limitations can be adjusted to align closest with local, state, and federal guidelines.
- The HHYT studios allow for two casts to rehearse at a time and not interact, while also providing two entrances (one per cast), and a third studio in which an ill student could be isolated if necessary.
- In the event that in-person rehearsals are unable to continue, a modified version of this class will be taught (and performed) via Zoom.
- Parents will sign the following agreement during registration: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there is an inherent risk of contracting the disease when present in settings with other people. Participants assume all liability. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a chance that classes and productions may be unable to continue in person. HHYT had made alternate plans for this potential situation, and all students will continue to participate via Zoom.
- We are staggering rehearsal times to minimize congestion. Only students will be allowed in the studios. Parents/Caregivers: we will answer your questions by phone or email.
- Studio floors will be clearly marked with taped markers to ensure social distancing between students during class.
- Students will check in for their class outside the studio, receive a temperature check and either wash hands or apply hand sanitizer. Students will then enter and proceed directly to their marked spot in the studio.
- Lobby and studio will have hand sanitizing stations. The studios will be disinfected at the end of each day by a professional cleaning service.
- Performers should only bring scripts and water to class. There will be no snack or meal times.
- Our staff will be disinfecting highly touched surfaces before, after and during class
- If we are required to shut down, we will move indoor programs to Zoom
- Staff and Students will answer the following questions prior to entering the studios each week: Have you had a fever over 100 degrees in the last 24 hours before arriving at the studio? Do you currently have, or recently had, and respiratory or flu like symptoms, sore throat, chills or shortness of breath? Have you been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had COVID symptoms?
- If a student or family member tests positive for COVID-19 or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you must refrain from taking class for a minimum of 14 days or until a negative COVID-19 result is found. For the safety of all of our families and staff, please let us know if you have been exposed